envision a new world design charrette

Imagining Beyond The Year 2012: Designing, Co-creating, and Holding A Collective Vision of Positive Future Possibilities.

Shangri-La

Admin
    Admin

Shangri-La

Post  Admin on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:57 am

This was the vision I had of the future that was generated by the Rebirth Celebration Global Concordance-Meditation that Joseph Giove from commonpassion.org facilitated. It is my desire that as you read my vision you can help bring it into our reality by feeling that it already exists. You may be able to experience your own version of shangri-la by listening to this mediation you'll find at:

http://www.commonpassion.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=83&Itemid=89

Shangri-La
    I enter the city in the clouds and yet I do not enter through a gate or a road. I simply emerge into the area which is my home. My bedroom is a small chamber with a crystal bed and a shimmering magenta cloth for a blanket. I awake refreshed and enter a kitchen of sorts with brightly colored liquids in long crystal grails. Breakfast simply appears when I think about it. We each have our own personal gardens leading off from our domiciles. An open-air filigree of arching crystal doorways leads out to my garden. My bare feet step lightly amongst the flowers and soft moss which are illuminated with a golden aura. My sinuous white gown and flowing red locks glide across a grass covered bridge, which traverses a crystal clear turquoise pool. Intricate crystal white beams weave like wisteria vines forming a pergola over the bridge.
    I dive into the pool and swim deep through a water filled tunnel under the city. I don’t seem to run out of air under water. I break through the surface of another pool in the main central park. White crystal buildings mounding in gothic arches surround the park. The buildings grow up from the ground twisting around in organic formations like the roots of a tree. As I look up, I see other parks and gardens hanging from all levels. I notice how blue and clear the sky is. The park is surrounded by an arcaded walkway. The columns of the arcade are made of a reddish amber or smoky type crystal. Other people are strolling leisurely along through the arcade in a sort of promenade. They don’t speak as they greet each other. They glide about in their shimmery white tunics and gowns like Greek gods and goddesses. They each have a bright white glow that emanates from their hearts.
    The design of the park is ever changing. One moment there is a meadow of golden-lit flowers, in another there is a forest of oaks, and the next moment there is an alpine landscape strewn with boulders. Each creation emanates aliveness. The central garden is the result of our collective ever-changing thought patterns of how we’d like our community park to be. Some of the beings in the park are in a sate of bliss and some are sad and all is okay. All emotions are expressed and not seen as negative. The being which is sad just simply wants to feel sad and the other beings who pass her know this and don’t intervene with comfort until the sad being requests it. In another area of the park are other beings who are barefoot and doing some form of tai chi. No one is busy or rushing about in this city.

I hear a message in my mind from a friend who would like to meet me for lunch and with my next thought I zip up to a high upper level of one of the taller buildings. No elevator required. We are in a glass-covered bubble shaped atrium with white tables and chairs overlooking the city activity below. There is no loud rumble of conversation at the restaurant. With the exception of waiters shuffling about the room is silent. We all converse in our minds. I feel a deep connection with my friend and the food I am eating. As we get up to leave, our bodies meld into each other as we hug. Then we separate again as individual beings. No payment is required at the end of the meal. The cooks and waitresses simply offer this service for the sheer joy of it. They intuitively knew my friend and I would be having lunch there. No food was wasted because the cook knew exactly how much food to prepare in advance.
    I spend the rest of the afternoon on the waterfront. I unpeel the outer skin of my physical body and turn into a dolphin. I dive in and play with my dolphin friends feeling a sense of laughter and ecstasy.

NOTE: THIS VISION PULLS TOGETHER A COMBINATION OF OTHER SUB-CATEGORIES BESIDES COMMUNITY DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE LIKE OUR CULTURAL NORMS, ENTERTAINMENT, MONETARY SYSTEMS, MARKETING, COMMUNICATION, FASHION, FOOD PRODUCTION. IT IS MY HOPE THAT YOU WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO COMBINE THE SUB-CATEGORIES INTO A BIGGER PICTURE.

Current date/time is Mon May 22, 2017 8:07 pm